Thursday, October 11, 2007

I Passed! :)

As of 12:00 this afternoon I am now an officially licensed Washington Driver.
The twins parting advice to me as I was walking out the door was " Don't fail Nanny or else you wont be able to take us on a date to Starbucks."

Mom had never been to the building before and I had only been with Daniel once so you can imagine my panic as I took a few little "detours" on the way.
Just as mom called Daniel to ask where we were supposed to go I saw the building, and all was well.
Daniel suggested that we do a little practice parallel parking, so after that we sat and waited for the drive instructor to finish with somone else.
We had about 15 minutes to wait so what else do you do when your nervous? pray.
The instructor was very easy to relax with but I still was a little dazed, especially when waiting for a red light I forgot about the "right on red" rule.
As I sat waiting for it to turn green he asked if I remembered any kind of rules about "right turns" and "red lights."
Other than that I turned too wide when backing up into the road, and once I looked into the mirror instead of over my shoulder.
When the test was over and he was telling mom and Daniel the things I forgot to do,
I sat there thinking " I must have failed, the children will be dissapointed" then he turned and informed me that I had indeed passed with a score of 96, and could proceed into the building to get my card.
When we returned home the children all came shouting and running asking "did you pass?" when I told them I did they all let out a huge cheer.
(after the celebrations they all started planning their dates.)

1 comment:

  1. Kate said...
    Congratulations!

    October 11, 2007 6:23 PM
    Katie said...
    Congratulations!!!!!

    October 11, 2007 9:22 PM
    Watch out World said...
    Congratulations that is grate!!! Good Job!

    October 11, 2007 9:39 PM
    Anonymous said...
    Great!!!!!:-)

    October 11, 2007 9:58 PM
    Sill said...
    I knew you would pass, you had to or else I would;ve had to put up with dates in the lovely transportation of......
    THE GO-CART!!
    (And I don't think Starbucks has parking for go-carts, BUT I do know from experience that Mc'donalds and Wal- Mart do:)

    Congratulations,you did a GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
    When do we get to go???

    October 11, 2007 10:00 PM
    Ava said...
    Wow!Congrats for a test passed "dangerously." My siblings eagerly await for me to obtain my license for the same altruistic reasons.;)

    October 11, 2007 10:52 PM
    Rachie said...
    Good for you, girl! You were very blessed to get a guy. Usually they are easy on cute girls. :-D ::hugs:;

    See ya tomorrow! Love you!

    October 12, 2007 10:05 AM
    Melissa said...
    Congratulations !!!! Let see where do I want to go ?? hmmmm I'll think about it !

    October 12, 2007 10:19 AM
    SarahLyn said...
    Congratulations dear! Looking forward to hearing about all of your exciting outings! See ya soon!

    October 12, 2007 10:35 AM
    hannahgirl said...
    Yeah! Congratulations!!!

    October 12, 2007 12:12 PM
    Benjamin said...
    Congratulations! You scored better than I did--my parallel park was pretty pathetic (drive-brake-reverse-brake-drive...) It's great to have a license but beware, you are now a legal errand-runner. ;) Drive safe.

    October 12, 2007 12:36 PM
    Jacqueline said...
    Kate: thanks for praying for me.

    Thanks y'all
    Katie, Stephen, Hannah, and Sill.

    Rachel: !!veryfunny!:)

    Melissa: you can take the go-cart:)

    Sarah: can't wait to tell you all about it.

    Benjamin: I'm not too worried about the errand running thankfully everything is within a five mile radius so I wont have to pay for gas!

    October 12, 2007 2:33 PM
    Melissa said...
    Are you sure I can drive the go-cart?? Have you ever SEEN me drive ?? :P
    Where do you want to go Cill ? I'll take you ! :)

    October 12, 2007 7:00 PM
    Miss C. said...
    Congratualations! :D
    My driver's test is scheduled for the 18th... hehehe! I hope I do as well as you.
    :hugs:

    October 12, 2007 10:08 PM
    Jacqueline said...
    Thanks Keslie,
    hope you do well!
    I'll be praying for you.
    love to y'all

    October 12, 2007 11:40 PM
    Rebekah said...
    Congrats on passing the scary test :), Jacqueline! Loved your post! Way to go on the score, too!

    October 13, 2007 9:12 AM
    Cassandra said...
    Good job, Jacqueline!
    Melissa, you can't go anywhere, isn't he Go-cart still at our house? : D
    Cassie

    Good luck Keslie!

    October 13, 2007 5:39 PM
    Jacqueline said...
    Thanks Rebekah(you already passed right?)
    Y'all Cassie, and Ava your turns next!!:)

    October 13, 2007 10:03 PM
    Rebekah said...
    Actually, I haven't taken the test yet, Jacqueline. I plan to within the next couple of weeks, though, so I've been doing lots of parallel parking and backing around a corner practice. :)

    October 14, 2007 3:14 PM
    Esther said...
    Congratulations! One day I will get one...but, currently they won't let me as I don't have a social security number. Anyhow, congrats and have fun on all your errands and dates!

    October 14, 2007 9:01 PM
    Jacqueline said...
    Rebekah, good for you!
    Better safe than sorry!
    Keep up the good practicing.

    Esther: I sure will:)
    Isaac has claimed the first date for his Birthday, he wants me to take him "puppy golfing" (putt putt golf) and there's a Cabelas 3 1/2 miles from our house that opens the week of his birthday, so he wants to go there too!
    (after all 4 years is a very special landmark!:)

    October 14, 2007 10:37 PM
    TJ said...
    Congratulations! I don't think the WA state test has changed much since I took it 13 years ago, and it wasn't easy.

    I really enjoy checking in on your blog. It is great to read about young christian women who are doing such wonderful things as you are.

    October 15, 2007 11:53 AM

    ReplyDelete